July 30, 2008

So, Um, When do I get my shoes back?

Terrible news! Terrible, terrible, terrible, news. I have tendonitis.

A few months ago my foot started hurting. I'm an "ignore-the-pain" kind of girl, so I of course didn't do anything about it. Finally, after a fateful night of him having to carry me, my boyfriend told me enough was enough and made me go to the doctor. She made pleasant murmurs as she poked and prodded my foot, and then announced:

"Oh, it's not big deal"

"Oh good!" I said, "So it's just sore or something, I'll be on my way…"

"Well, not exactly" she shook her head, "You have tendinitis. Here's some pill that will make you nauseous three times a day for three months and a referral to a physical therapist you'll have to see for LIKE HALF A YEAR!"

OK, it didn't go exactly like that, but needless to say she was way off with her 'no-big-deal' prognosis. Beyond the hours of physical therapy I must endure, my therapist has requested I stop wearing heels – For good! Thank goodness ballet flats are in, but my readjustment period will be hard. I'm 5'10. It took me years to get comfortable with my height wearing heels, and once I did I was off to the races. My motto was the higher the better… hence the tendinitis.

I have worked out a deal with my PT (lingo for physical therapists that we PT regulars use). I get heels once a week, on holidays and from now on kitty heels are my friend.

Anyhow, keep an eye out at Plato's Closet and The Black Market. My shoes will be hitting the shelves soon!

No comments: