July 30, 2008

Do I really have to wear stretch pants?

I read Vogue. I get Cosmo. I would love to be Sarah Jessica Parker's bestie. At the end of the day however, I just can't wear stretch pants, hot pants, opaque tights, liquid leggings or whatever it is you choose to call them.

Do get me wrong, I sported them with everyone else in the 80's and early 90's, but my legging ship has sailed. I think they look adorable on all you waif types, but the minute I put them on under my mini I just look like Stephanie Tanner's evil 5'10 and 140 pound step-sister. The image of matte (or even shiny, shudder) spandex stretched over my rear end is quite possibly the most unflattering and down-right degrading thing I could do to myself.

So you keep rocking them, adorable, 90-pound coffee house chick! I'll be over here in my A-Line skirt and mile high heels, rocking it my way.

No comments: