July 30, 2008

bullets = weapon or brass knuckles = gun?

bullets = weapon or brass knuckles = gun?
Category: Life

Kid: "No, no, no, brass knuckles are NOT a weapon, it’s what goes inside of them that makes with a weapon. Like bullets in a gun."

Me: "So you’re saying that guns aren’t weapons - but bullets are? I’m not a gun expert, but I’m pretty sure that both guns and bullets are useless when not used in conjunction."

Kid: "That’s right, just like a hand and brass knuckles."

Me: "I don’t know… I feel like my hand has purpose with out brass knuckles on it. In fact I find my hand quite useful and it has never had brass knuckles on it."

Kid: "Well, a gun still has purpose with out bullets in it. You could use it to whack someone over the head."

Me: "Wouldn’t that make it a weapon?"

Kid: "Fine, it was a poorly planned analogy, but brass knuckles are not a weapon."

Me: "So they can just serve the purpose of whacking someone over the head then?"

Kid: "Yeah, sure, whatever."

No comments: