March 8, 2011

Cynthia Rowley - Mystery Resort Wear?

As I mentioned in my last post I found a sporty little Cynthia Rowley dress at TJ Maxx for $25. I have been trying to locate it online with no luck (boo, hiss)! Due to the detail on the bust seam I believe its 2010 Resort (also based on the "original price" listed on the tag of only $90). Anyway, I think it's cute and I love the color. Excuse these terrible photos. I do not currently have a real camera beyond my phone and webcam.

I need to take in the outside side seem just a touch to make it flatter my curves. I should be able to do it at home myself. I'm excited to have my very own Rowley and also to have a chance to yet again practice my at-home tailoring!

On the hanger it, admittedly, looks a touch shapeless.



I normally hate large exposed zippers, but for some reason I find this adorable. Think of the accessories?!



I need to take in about an inch in on the waist. Additionally, I'm thinking I could go pretty bold on the shoe. I'll make sure it get a few pictures at the Charity Auction I plan on wearing it to!


PS - OH YEAH, it has pockets!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I just bought this same dress in black at the TJ Maxx by me. It could use some tailoring too, but it will have to do, as I am not very handy in that department. Love the dress though, its super cute!