April 2, 2011

American Royalty

Why should the Brits have all the fun? Michelle Obama is better than Kate Middleton any day. She is under the diligent eye of the fashion industry (many of whom argue she should only be wearing American designers) and faces a lot of scrutiny. In my opinion she nails it. Always appropriate but never boring. The one color pant and skirt suits are behind us (God willing). I understand that if she were the President suits would be a staple, but I'm glad that as a first lady she gets to have some fun. Let's take a look (pictures from Tom & Lorenza).

Here she is in Jonathon Sanders at the White House Women's History Month dinner. Gorg. Respectable and still a little fun with the accents.


The Obama's went to El Salvador. Her she is with the first lady in a print from Jason Wu resort. Styling of the dress is totally different, but I like it. You can't lose with an A-Line. Classic.

Still in El Salvador, here she is in L'Wren Scott. I couldn't find a great picture, but love this anyway. That heavy fabric could age her, but it doesn't. She has the perfect American classic look. This dress was meant for an elegant first lady.


Michelle is a woman of my own heart. Here she is on Saint Patrick's Day in Michal Kors. Swoon. Kors.


Last but not least she wore H&M on the Today Show! H&M! Affordable! Accessible! Adorable! A perfecta. She took some chances on the accessories and I think she nailed it. Young with out being inappropriate.


Also note, she has finally broken the J.Crew marathon. I'm fine with some J.Crew every once in awhile, but I'm pleased she has been mixing it up!

No comments: