August 5, 2011

Craft Time! Legitimize My Drinking Time!

We used wine bottles as the center pieces at our wedding, and yes, we actually drank all that wine over our year and a half engagement. I made custom labels for each bottle using pictures of Morgan and I through the years.


...for some reason I saved every cork. My mother had made bulletin board and wreaths out of wine corks in the past, so I decided to take a hack at it. We ended up making two, but here is the first!
In process...

Ta-Da!

I used a hot glue gun, but many of them sort of "popped" off. I switched to wood glue half way through and it worked perfectly. All you need is a piece of plywood (or any sturdy backing) and a whole heck of a lot of corks. The rows don't work out perfectly, so the edges are unlevel or rough looking, which I like.

Fun!

No comments: