January 17, 2011

Show me your Globes.

The majority of fashion coverage I watched on the Golden Globes 2011 was mixed and leaning negative. I'm happy to say, however, that I pretty much liked everything I saw... with a few choice exceptions.

My Favorites:



Anne Hathaway in Armani, styled by Rachel Zoe. I think this is stunning. I love the volume in the shoulders and the bare back. It's dripping with Hollywood glam and it is fabulous. I want to grow up to be Anne Hathaway... although I may be older than her.


Amber Riley in Oliver Tolentino. I think she finally hired a stylist! She looks gorgeous. Its been said that fuller bodies can't carry head to toe sparkle. I think Amber proves that's not true.


Ethereal thy name is Dianna Agron in J. Mendel.


Catherine Zeta-Jones in Monique Lhuillier Pre-Fall 2011. Can she even do wrong? CZJ just knows what works. Love the color and the texture.

Loved but with caution:


January Jones in Versace. Honestly, I thought I hated this until I saw her present. The movement sold me. On the runways it was a light royal blue, but I like the red. Still, though, it has my boobs concerned. Are her girls OK?


Christina Hendricks in Romona Keveza. To be fair to the nay-sayers, the ruffle does tend towards 1988 Dynasty. That said, however, j'adore. Love red on a redhead. Takes balls.


Claire Danes' Calvin Klein was totally backless, which provided the drama this outfit needed. Me likey.

Concerned but not angry:


Helena Bonham Carter in Vivienne Westwood. I think the best way to explain my (and many other fashion bloggers) reaction is that, she wants so badly to be on the top of every worst dressed list that I don't think she deserves the satisfaction.

Side note, she is simply beautiful under all that costume.
PS - I fucking love Vivienne Westwood.


Olivia Wilde's Marchesa gown was generally praised. I like sparkles as much as the next girl... but it's a little "prom", no?

There were some other interesting frocks (see Natalie Portman and Lea Michelle) but the above I found the most interesting.

God bless award shows.

No comments: