August 27, 2010

Trailer Park Princess Goes to Prom - A Retrospective

There are three things that never fail to excite me:
1. Award Shows
2. The prospect of afternoon drinking, and
3. Formal Dances
I LOVE every last part of formals. My beautiful and fun friend Alicia is throwing a prom for her 30th birthday tomorrow evening. Needless to say I'm giddy (refer to list above). My husband will be DJing and a local bar has been rented. This has the makings of an amazing evening. I purchased a gown - and I use the term gown loosely - that no self-respecting 17 year girl would wear. I can't wait to debut what prom looks like at 25 (my age), but it got me reflecting on my past formals. I'm a bit known for my dance attendance records. I went to proms that weren't even at my school. Yep - I love them that much. Fortunately, my public school career was just on the cusp of affordable digital cameras and most of the film has been lost. I was however able to locate a few samples. I have selected the more embarrassing of the ones I dug up - because lets face it - those are more fun.

The Tailor Park Princess Goes to Prom - A Retrospective. The innocent have been cropped out or their identity has been protected.

Age:14
Dance:Promotion
Thoughts:OK, I hadn't quite lost all the baby weight yet, but I was already 5'10" with DDs. It is in no way shocking that 14 years old me opted for a python skirt and strappy heels.

Here is the whole lot of 14 year olds. Note that I'm like a foot taller. This ended in many issues - but props on showing some leg.


Age:16
Dance:Prom
Thoughts:Its hard to see here, but I'm rocking an eyebrow and nose piercing. I look quite angry here - probably because my hair is too tight and the girl next to me is 20 pounds lighter than me.


Age:17
Dance:Senior Prom
Thoughts:Note that the front strip of hair in my glorious up-do is bleached blond. That was a great look. I still like this dress, but its all sorts of nylon and poly-blend. I'm pretty sure it was from Vanity. I'm also reasonably certain that some partying happened before this picture was even taken.

E-Mail me your prom pictures and I'll post ASAP.
I can't wait from Bar-Prom tomorrow. I look forward to showing off my "grown-up" prom look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


Introduce this game to your companions to have fun together. Don’t forget to make comments on the quality of the game. Enjoy interesting games like Strike Force Heroes 2, Wormate.io and Combat Strike 2 at http://www.friv-2018.net/