December 25, 2008

Single Lady no more, I'm engaged!

In early December 2008 we were out with our friends. I was dancing with a few girls to 'Single Ladies' by Beyonce. The dance from the video includes a move where you shake your ring finger while the line "If you liked it, you should have put a ring on it" is sung. During the ring-finger shake move I informed my friends that I was the only one who should be doing that dance as I was the only one without a ring on that finger.

So on Christmas morning while opening Christmas presents I unwrapped Beyonce's 'I am... Sasha Fierce' and thought "oh yay! I like that one dance song".The CD was shrink-wrapped and everything. Then Morgan says, "well, go on and open it, I want to hear that 'Single Ladies' song".

To be honest I was sort of like, "...OK whatever, It's 9am and you want to listen to dance music?". Despite my confusion I went ahead and opened the CD. Inside Morgan had removed the double CD, placed a note reading Will You Marry Me? and put the beautiful ring inside. I'm no longer a Single Lady! We proceeded to hug, cry and kiss. In honor of that here's this kid dancing to that video:

No comments: