April 4, 2009

I got an ur-gin to be a great sturgeon!



Sigh. I remember this from my youth! I needed this today. Thanks lady muppets! It's nice to remember that if 'I got an urg'n to be a great surgeon' I can do it!

However, I don't see this airing today. But the question is why. I like to think it's because girls today readily know they can be anything, and the message is antiquated. Half of the students in my first year law class are women and plenty of my girlfriends from high school are in med-school - our daughters know they can do whatever they want. Then again, we're the age that grew up with this video (or at least something like it). What about the girls now? The ones running around with "Juicy" written across the butt on their sweatpants. Maybe I'm just officially old, and those girls will be just fine. But I have my fears. Let's face it I looked like an underage crack whore in high school (due to my dressing decisions, not my drug decisions...) and I'm still heading off to law school. Perhaps the Juicy youth will do the same.

No comments: