March 10, 2009

I want to hate her.


I want to dislike Katy Perry so badly. I don't love the "I Kissed a Girl" song. Thank you for perpetuating the same behavior Girl Gone Wild markets - drunk girls making out with each other to get a little attention. Every time this song plays a slut slips a tongue. I have no problems with experimentation, and certainly crossed that line myself, I have a problem with exploitation. Also I'm annoyed that it's OK for girls to like kissing the same gender publicly and totally not OK for guys. Give the boys some love! When will the Jonas Brothers release "I Kissed a Boy"? Not a likely number 1.

All that aside, Katy Perry is growing on me. She's fucking adorable. And funny. And cute. And I bet she did look adorable kissing a girl. She's so endearing she it annoys me, yet I'm still, well... endeared. Her little pin-up body, kooky jokes, and how often she makes Ryan Seacrest uncomfortable make me really want to like her.

Here's is where she started to win me over - The Grammys. Both her and Ryan are so awkward, but you can tell she's enjoying it. It made me like her.

No comments: