November 18, 2008

Delusional Blondes, my new obsession

As my life grows ever more pathetic I have found myself watching Bravo's "The Real House Wives of Atlanta". I could never get into the Orange County gals, they were just boring and rich. These Atlanta wives, however, are one hot mess. Kim Zociak is my favorite as she seems the most ridiculous. Here she is in all her glory:

She is an aspiring county singer who couldn't carry a tune if it was in a backpack. Her "famous" boyfriend refuses to be revealed so she refers to him only as Big Papa while she spends all of his money. She refuses red wine saying she doesn't want to stain her teeth while she's smoking - her children correct her and she lets them know to stop talking. Lastly, and my personal favorite, she believes she's a black woman trapped in a white woman's body. Two favorite Kim quotations:

"I’m a black girl trapped in a white girls body…Tyra, I was drinking when I said that. I have a lot of African American friends. It just works for me."

"I’m going to keep Big Papa a secret because I’ve seen what can happen to public relationships-like Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson."

According to Jezebel.com Kim's Big Papa isn't so much a celebrity as a married guy:
"According to numerous blind items and internet rumors, Kim's boyfriend isn't really a celebrity, but rather a well-known figure in the Atlanta community. The gossip is that he's a wealthy commercial real estate developer, who is neither white nor black, and who prefers to remain a mystery because he's married. In the second episode of the season, Kim's BlackBerry screen is revealed and she has a number of text messages from someone named Lee, including this message: 'Miss U.' Astute viewers have surmised that this man must be Lee Najjar. His wife is ironically named Kim"

No comments: